1. The session fee (also known as the sitting fee) goes toward time the photographer spends during the session and afterwards to cull and edit the images for the ordering session. It does not include any finished portraits. The session fee is due in advance to reserve your appointment time. Session fee payments can be made online with paypal or by calling the studio with a credit card number.
2. Ordering portraits takes place approximately 1 week after the session at Lightscapes Portrait Studio. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments incur a $100 fee.
3. While the photographer does capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by her for previewing. This will be approximately 25 images but it could vary. She carefully renders each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Images are color-corrected however final cropping and retouching are only done on the ordered images.
4. Design work and custom graphics will be approved for color and layout in-person on our professionally color calibrated monitors at the ordering appointment. Only font style, spelling and wording may be approved through electronically emailed proof. .
5. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your order to be completed. You will be notified by telephone or e-mail when your order is ready for pickup. If you ordered online the portraits will be shipped to you.
6. All ordered images are kept on file for a period of 1 year. Un-ordered images are removed from our archives after 30 days. Re-orders placed more than 60 days after the preview appointment, require a minimum $150 re-order.
There are no refunds on CD’s with digital images or individual digital files.
There are no refunds for gift certificates.
You may return a photograph for a refund within ten days of delivery for any reason. You may return a photograph for a credit within thirty days for any reason. Photographs must be returned to our studio before a refund will be given.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• It is understood this Studio/Photographer is the exclusive official photographer retained to perform
the photographic services requested on this Contract.
• Upon signature, the Studio/Photographer shall reserve the time and date agreed upon. Unless the
Studio is able to fully replace the cancelled reservation, all sitting fees and retainers are nonrefundable,
even if the portrait is rescheduled or canceled for any reason other than inclement weather. (outdoor sessions only)
• If, in the opinion of the photographer, inclement weather or other adverse conditions prevent the
creation of a portrait meeting the artistic standards of the studio/photographer, photographer may
elect to use an alternate location or to reschedule the portrait.
• Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full.
.Payments may be made cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Payment plan is available.
.There are no refunds on CD’s with digital images or individual digital files.
.There are no refunds for gift certificates
• The Studio/Photographer reserves the right to use images created under this contract for advertising,
display, publication or other purposes. The Client signing this contract warrants that he or she has
actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this manner
and shall indemnify and defend the Studio/Photographer in the event of litigation arising out of such
use. Negatives, digital files and previews remain the exclusive property of this Studio/Photographer.
• Studio/Photographer may substitute another photographer to take the photographs in the event of
Studio/Photographer’s illness or of scheduling conflicts. In the event of such substitution,
Studio/Photographer warrants that the photographer taking the photographs shall be a competent
• If the Studio/Photographer cannot perform this Contract due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of
God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to Photographer’s illness or emergency,
then the Photographer shall return any deposit or sitting fee to the Client but shall have no further
liability with respect to the Contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that
photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in
the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event the
Studio/Photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the Studio/Photographer shall not be liable
for any amount in excess of all monies paid.
• Client is aware that color dyes in photography may fade or discolor over time due to the inherent
qualities of dyes, and Client releases Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based
upon fading or discoloration due to such inherent qualities.
• The charges in this Contract are based on the Studio’s/Photographer’s Standard Price List. This price
list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when
the order is placed.
• NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to copy or reproduce these photographs or videos
elsewhere without Studio’s/Photographer’s permission, and violators of this Federal Law will be
subject to its civil and criminal penalties. This includes scanning, right-clicking and saving image, screen capture, placing on social media and all other methods of reproduction.
. Digital Files: Client is allowed to reproduce the files according to terms stated in reproduction policy statement regarding size allowed and credits due for social media content. Photographer retains the full rights to the copyright.
.You agree to hold harmless, Mary Buck, her representatives, employees and Lightscapes Photographic Artwork, from any dispute in the event you become injured during your session either on the studio premises or an outdoor location. Lightscapes Photographic Artwork and its representatives will not be held liable for any injury incurred by you or your family, or any damage to your property during the photo session or while on studio premises or any outdoor location.